About the DP Program at Smoky Hill
In 1991, Smoky Hill became the second IB Diploma School established in the state of Colorado. Smoky Hill is the only Cherry Creek School that has two IB programs under one roof: the Diploma Programme and the Middle Years Programme. In addition to our outstanding faculty and long-standing academic excellence, we are recognized for:
- providing a seamless transition into the IB Diploma Program (DP) by offering the last two years of the Middle Years Program (MYP) for 9th and 10th grade students.
- offering Theory of Knowledge at night for those students who need more flexibility in their schedules.
- offering two pathways through history: History of the Americas and History of Europe (both available as HL & SL options).
- offering four IB world languages: French, Latin, Japanese, & Spanish.
- offering four options for the sciences: biology, chemistry, ecosystems and societies, & physics.
- offering Theater and Visual Arts (including Digital Media Studies in our state-of-the-art digital media lab) as IB Arts options.
- offering IB Business Management, Philosophy and Psychology as HL & SL options.
- providing three specially trained IB counselors dedicated to helping our IB students with course selections and college preparation.
Need to know more? Contact the IB Department at 720-886-5420.