SMOKY HILL STUDENT GOVERNMENT
Here is a link for current Smoky Hill students to apply for Student Government in 2018-2019:
Student Government Application
Applications are due by Friday, March 23, 2018.
Student Government (or StuGo) is a combination of Student Leadership class and an extra curricular activity. During the leadership class, students will participate in leadership activities, plan school events, and meet with adult leaders in the school and community. The extra curricular activities that StuGo plans include: Homecoming activities, Wish Week, Asset Days, World Awareness, Prom, Graduation activities, school policy changes, community service projects and many more. All of this work is focused on the goals of developing leaders and making Smoky Hill a better place!
Student Government applications must be submitted electronically for 9th - 11th grade students. I link to the application is below. All applications must be submitted by Friday, March 23, for current Smoky Hill students. Applicants will be sent an email to sign up for an interview once they submit an application. Interviews will take place during the week of April 9-13.
Current 8th graders who apply must complet the written application below and return their application by Friday, April 20. They will be contacted for an interview in May.
How to Apply:
1. Current Smoky Hill students need to complete an online application. Current 8th grade students need to download the written application.
2. Current Smoky Hill students need to submit their online application by Friday, March 23. Current 8th grade students need to submit their application before Friday, April 20, to the Smoky Hill Activities Office.
3. Sign-up for an interview when you turn in your application (if you are a current Smoky Hill student).
4. Complete the scheduled interview.
5. Acceptance and "sorry" emails will be send by Sunday, April 15.
StuGo 8th Grade Application.pdf
How Many are Accepted:
StuGo is a class that meets either 3R or 3G. Becuase it is a graded class, there are a limited number of seats avaliable in the room. According to the StuGo Constitution, there will be a minium of 14 Seniors, 12 Juniors, 10 Sophomore, and 8 Freshmen accepted. The sponsor has an option of adding members to the class, reguardless of the grade. We typically have over 100 applicants each year.
Mr. Scott Cohen - StuGo teacher and Activities Director
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 720-886-5557
LINK LEADER APPLICATION
Another opportunity to serve as a leader, is to become a LINK Leader. This group plans and organizes Freshman Orientation. Here is a link to apply for the 2018-2019 school year: