MAJOR CHANGES for SECOND SEMESTER
Our number one priority is keeping our students and our staff safe.
Therefore, beginning Tuesday, January 5th, all school doors on the north side of the building will be locked at all times, including before school.
Students will only be able to enter through two entrances, either through Activities or the Main entrance. Students who are dropped off in the Teacher's Parking Lot or on Smoky Hill Road will need to walk around to the south side of the building. The Activities Entrance and the Main Office Entrance are the only doors that will be unlocked during morning drop off. Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our students.
Consistent attendance supports the academic success of all students. Conversely, repeated patterns of absences interfere with academic success. Smoky Hill High School observes the following procedures to support student achievement. All excuses must fall within the district-determined guidelines (refer to District Policy JH).
- Please make every attempt to excuse students the same day as their absence.
- Absences not excused within 48 hours will be considered unexcused.
- Parents are to report all absences to the Attendance voicemail line at 720-886-5450.
- When calling, please leave the student's name (spelling last name), reason for absence, grade, and a phone number where parents/guardians can be reached during business hours.
- All written notes must include this same information plus the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
- In the event of an emergency when an adult other than the parent or legal guardian temporarily supervises a student, the parent should notify the attendance office in writing, including in the written notice a phone number where the parent can be reached.
- Students to be dismissed from school to attend an appointment must submit a note to the Attendance office prior to the requested dismissal time. The Attendance secretary will provide an early dismissal pass, which is required to leave class early.
- Students who become ill during the school day must be excused through the Nurse's Clinic.
The attendance dean will focus on attendance issues of our 9th - 12th graders. Every attempt will be made to visit with these students (and their parents) on the day immediately following any unexcused absence.
Computerized Notification of Absences
Our computerized parent notification system will e-mail the parent and call the student's home phone number once a day to inform parents/guardians of unexcused absences. As this computer system does not provide detailed absence information, the appropriate Dean Team Office can provide you with specific information concerning dates and periods of absences.
DECEMBER CALENDAR OF EVENTS
|December 2, Wednesday||Choir Concert||Auditorium||7:15 p.m.|
|December 8, Tuesday||Band Concert||Auditorium||7:15 p.m.|
|December 10, Thursday||Orchestra Concert||Auditorium||7:15 p.m.|
|December 15, Tuesday||Finals: 1R, 2R, 3R|||||
|December 16, Wednesday||Finals: 4R, 1G, 2G|
|December 17, Thursday||Finals: 3G, 4G|
|December 17, Thursday||Improv||Cafeteria||7:15 p.m.|
|December 18, Friday||Finals Make-Up Day|
JANUARY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
|January 5, Tuesday||First day of 2nd Semester|||||
|January 14, Thursday||Incoming Freshman Night||Auditorium||6:30 p.m.|
|January 18, Monday||MLK Day-No School|||||
|January 21, Thursday||Choir Cabaret||Auditorium||7:15 p.m.|
|January 25, Monday||Trivia Bowl||Cafeteria||7:00 p.m.|
|January 26, Tuesday||Dodgeball Tournament||West Gym||7:00 p.m.|
|January 28, Thursday||Mr. & Mrs. Smoky Hill||Auditorium||7:00 p.m.|
|January 29, Friday||Wish Week Pep Assembly||West Gym||1:15 p.m.|
|January 30, Saturday||Winter Dance||West Gym||8:00 p.m.|