Online test preparation for the ACT and SAT is available on Family Connection by Naviance. This test prep program was created by Method Test Prep, a leader in online test preparation courses. It provides an easy and efficient way to do a full test prep curriculum or to target specific areas that students may need to work on. For example, many students struggle with the pace of the Reading section of the ACT and score lower on this section than others. If that is the case, a student may want to practice specific reading questions, and read up on this site that will help a student better pace themselves.
Students can use it at any time.
Calendar of Events
December 10, 2011 November 4, 2011 November 18, 2011
February 11, 2012 January 13, 2012 January 20, 2012
April 14, 2012 March 9, 2012 March 23, 2012
June 9, 2012 May 4, 2012 May 18, 2012
November 5, 2011 October 7 2011 October 21, 2011
December 3, 2011 November 8, 2011 November 20, 2011
January 28, 2012 December 30, 2011 January 13, 2012
March 10, 2012 February 10, 2012 February 24, 2012
May 5, 2012 April 6, 2012 April 20, 2012
June 2, 2012 May 8, 2012 May 22, 2012
Test Date Registration
Available on September 19th, 2011
As the new school year begins, we thought it would be important to touch base on the importance of standardized tests such as the PSAT, ACT, SAT and SAT Subject Tests.
- Most juniors should take the PSAT and practice ACT in the fall. For many students, this will be their second time taking the PSAT. The one thing we try to emphasize to juniors is to give these tests 100% effort. Colleges will use standardized tests such as the ACT and/or SAT when determining admissions eligibility. Practice is always encouraged. The PSAT is October 15th. Registration can be completed in the Post Grad Center.
- When looking at the results of the PSAT and practice ACT, juniors need to go through the questions they answered incorrectly or left blank and try to figure out what they did wrong, and how to answer the question correctly. Many juniors do nothing with their results. Since these results give a student the most detailed picture of where they can improve, not going through a PSAT or practice ACT is truly a wasted opportunity. Test prep is available for juniors on their Naviance account.
- Juniors should consider taking the ACT, SAT and SAT Subject tests (if needed) in the spring. This allows students to retake either test in the fall of their senior year if needed. The SAT Subject tests are only required by certain colleges. Students will need to check with the colleges on their testing requirements.
The PSAT test is Saturday, October 15th.
- Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. in Activities Hall
- Bring No. 2 pencils and an approved calculator.
- Registration for PSAT is $25.00 until October 7th.
- Late registration will be Oct 10th thru Oct 14th an additional $10 fee will be added.
- To register, go to the Post Grad Center.
The PSAT/NMSQT is the only way for juniors to qualify for the National Merit scholarship program. It is also great practice for other standardized college entrance exams for all juniors and sophomores.
IN-STATE COLLEGE NIGHT
October 10, 2011 Eaglecrest High School 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
GREATER DENVER COLLEGE FAIR
October 15, 2011 Douglas County High School 10:00 a.m .- 2:00 p.m.