Consistent attendance supports the academic success of all students. Conversely, repeated patterns of absences interfere with academic success. Smoky Hill High School observes the following procedures to support student achievement.
All students, who miss school, must be excused within 48 hours through either a phone call, written note from a parent/guardian, or a school official (i.e., school sponsored event). All excuses must fall within the district-determined guidelines (refer to District Policy JH).
- When calling, please leave the student’s name (spelling last name) reason for absence, grade, and a phone number where parents/guardians can be reached during business hours.
- All written notes must include this same information plus the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
- Parents are to report all absences to the Attendance voicemail line.
- Last names A – K report absences to the Red Team Attendance voicemail line at 720-886-5450.
- Last names L – Z report absences to the Green Team Attendance voicemail line at 720-886-5455.
- Absences not excused within 48 hours will be considered unexcused.
- In the event of an emergency when an adult other than the parent or legal guardian temporarily supervises a student, the parent should notify the attendance office in writing, including in the written notice a phone number where the parent can be reached.
- Students who become ill during the school day must be excused through the Nurse’s Clinic.
- Students to be dismissed from school to attend an appointment must submit a note to the appropriate dean’s office prior to the requested dismissal time. The dean’s secretary will provide an early dismissal pass, which is required to leave class early.
March Calendar of Events
|Saturday, Mar 1
||Spring Play - "Almost Maine"
|Wednesday, Mar 5
||Night of Stepping
|Thursday, Mar 6
|Saturday, Mar 8
||PTCO Spring Craft Fair||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, Mar 11||TCAP Testing - Day 1||7:10 a.m.|||
|Wednesday, Mar 12||TCAP Testing - Day 2||7:10 a.m.|
|Thursday, Mar 13||TCAP Testing - Day 3||7:10 a.m.|
|Thursday Mar 13||Football Fundraiser - Bingo||6:30 p.m.||Cafeteria|
|Thursday, Mar 20||Band Concert||7:15 p.m.||Auditorium|
|Friday, Mar 21||Improv||7:15 p.m.||Cafeteria|
|Saturday, Mar 22||Prom Dress Sale||9:00 a.m.||Piney Creek |
|Saturday, Mar 22||MYP Super Saturday|
|Tuesday, Mar 25||Parent Teacher Conferences||4:00 p.m.||Gyms|
|Wednesday, Mar 26||Taste of Smoky Hill||Lunches||Activities|
|Thursday, Mar 27||World Awareness - Day 1|||
|Thursday, Mar 27||Major Works Choir Concert||7:15 p.m.||Bethany Church|
Please support the SHHS AVID Blood Drive
Tuesday, March 4th
8:00 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
16100 E. Smoky Hill Rd./in the Upper Cafeteria
To Schedule your life-saving donation contact: Ms. Kim Wermers – email@example.comApril Calendar of Events
|Tuesday, April 8||Graduation Performer Tryouts||3:00 p.m.|||
|Tuesday, April 15||Senior/Parent Night A-L||7:00 p.m.||Auditorium|
|Wednesday, April 16||Senior/Parent Night M-Z||7:00 p.m.||Auditorium|
|Thursday, April 17||Jazz on the Hill|||||
|Friday, April 18||TOE JAM||7:00 p.m.||West Gym|
|Wednesday, April 23||One ACT Plays||7:15 p.m.||Cafeteria|
|Saturday, April 26||Prom||8:30 p.m.||Mile High Station|
|Sunday, April 27||After Prom||12:00 a.m.||Smoky Hill High School|