Consistent attendance supports the academic success of all students. Conversely, repeated patterns of absences interfere with academic success. Smoky Hill High School observes the following procedures to support student achievement.
All students, who miss school, must be excused within 48 hours through either a phone call, written note from a parent/guardian, or a school official (i.e., school sponsored event). All excuses must fall within the district-determined guidelines (refer to District Policy JH).
- When calling, please leave the student’s name (spelling last name) reason for absence, grade, and a phone number where parents/guardians can be reached during business hours.
- All written notes must include this same information plus the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
- Parents are to report all absences to the Attendance voicemail line.
- Last names A – K report absences to the Red Team Attendance voicemail line at 720-886-5450.
- Last names L – Z report absences to the Green Team Attendance voicemail line at 720-886-5455.
- Absences not excused within 48 hours will be considered unexcused.
- In the event of an emergency when an adult other than the parent or legal guardian temporarily supervises a student, the parent should notify the attendance office in writing, including in the written notice a phone number where the parent can be reached.
- Students who become ill during the school day must be excused through the Nurse’s Clinic.
- Students to be dismissed from school to attend an appointment must submit a note to the appropriate dean’s office prior to the requested dismissal time. The dean’s secretary will provide an early dismissal pass, which is required to leave class early.
MAY Calendar of Events
|Thursday, May 1||Band Concert||7:15 p.m.|
|Friday, May 2||TOE Jam||7:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, May 8||Yearbook Distribution||2:10 p.m.|
|Friday, May 9||Senior Celebration||9:00 a.m.|
|Friday, May 9||Dance Showcase||7:15 p.m.|
|Saturday, May 10||Dance Showcase||7:15 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 13||Academic Award Ceremony||6:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 13||All School Award Ceremony||7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, May 14||Teacher of the Year Banquet||6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, May 15||Senior Exit Assembly||1:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, May 15||Choir Concert||7:15 p.m.|
|Friday, May 16||Senior Check-out||7:45 p.m.|
|Monday, May 19||IB Recognition Program|
|Tuesday, May 20||Senior Breakfast||8:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, May 20||Graduation Rehearsal||9:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, May 20||Cap & Gown Distribution||10:30 a.m.|
|Tuesday, May 20||AP Scholar Reception||6:00 p.m.|
|Friday, May 23||Graduation - Ritchie Center||4:00 p.m.|
|Monday, May 26||Memorial Day|||
|Thursday, May 29||Final Exams - 4G, 3G, 2G|||
|Friday, May 30||Final Exams - 1G, 4R, 3R|||
June Calendar of Events
|Monday, June 2||Final Exams 2R & 1R|||
|Tuesday, June 3||Final Exam Make-up|||