PTCO Contact Information
PTCO contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: Smoky Hill High School PTCO
(Feel free to post questions on our Facebook page, they will usually be answered within 24 hours.)
Check out our new website, www.shhsptco.org to keep up with upcoming events, volunteer opportunities and more!
Welcome freshman and new students, as well as returning students! Parents and Students: To keep up on the latest happenings and events at SHHS and the SHHS PTCO, join our Facebook Page! Type in "Smoky Hill High School PTCO" into the Facebook search engine.
We are looking for someone to fill the following positions. Email us @ email@example.com if you are interested.
Hospitality co-chair: Organize concessions at Fall and Spring Craft Fairs, Holiday Luncheon for teachers and staff in December and Teacher Appreciation Treats in May.
Teacher of the Year Award: Gather information, make scrapbooks, and attend banquet for our 2 Teachers of the Year.
Spring Craft Fair : Advertising - Place ads in local newspaper and on line sites
Parent Information Network (PIN) Rep - Attend monthly meetings on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 9 - 11:15 a.m. at SARC. Presentations about issues students are facing and families deal with regularly.
Legislative Network (CCCLN) Rep - Meets 4 times a year. Provides detailed information on legislation that involves education and more specifically how this legislation will affect our school district.
PTCO is looking for volunteers for the following events:
- Baked Goods For Homecoming Dance - Saturday, October 11th, from 8 - 11 p.m.
- The SHHS Craft Fair, Saturday, November 8th. We are looking for food, soda, and water donations. In addition, we are looking for parent and/or student volunteers for shifts throughout the day (great for IB or NHS volunteer hours). Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Donations (food, water, soda, baked goodies) for various events throughout the year.
Combined meeting: PTCO and SHIBPA (Smoky Hill International Baccalaureate Parent Association) will host Dom Testa on Tuesday, September 16th, from 7 - 8:30 p.m. in the Lecture Center. Dom Testa is an award winning radio broadcaster, best-selling author, and founder of The Big Brain Club, a non-profit foundation that helps young people embrace the idea that Smart is Cool. Find out much more at www.domtesta.com and www.bigbrainclub.com.
Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014
5600 S Parker Road
(Parker & Chambers)
All Day (6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.)
Remember to mention that you are with Smoky Hill High School. Tell your friends and family! A percentage of all ticketed SHHS receipts will be donated to SHHS to help support students.
CCSD Fitness Festival
Kick off the new school year at the annual FASB Fitness Festival on Saturday, September 6th! Come see your neighbors, friends, teachers and staff, plus coaches from all 6 high schools. Register today, either through your school's team representative or online at www.fasbfitnessfestival.com (online signup closes on Wednesday, September 3rd, at 11:59 p.m. or you may register on event day beginning at 7:30 a.m.). Sign up to run or walk the 5K or participate in the 1K course, enjoy free food tasting from area restaurants, and help raise money to support wellness programs in your school! For more information, call the CCSD Wellness Office at 720-554-4247.
NOTE: NEW LOCATION THIS YEAR! STUTLER BOWL on the Cherry Creek High School Campus, 9300 E. Union Avenue, Greenwood Village
Earn $$$ For SHHS
Fundraising opportunities include:
- Office Depot : Mention Smoky Hill High School at the time of purchase, and Office Depot will donate a percentage of the sales to our school.
- Target Cards: Target will donate a % of each purchase to our school through the Take Charge of Education Program. Visit target.com/tcoe or call 800.316.6142 to designate Smoky Hill to receive funds. Use Smoky Hill's ID Number, 1037196.
- Red Robin - Every time you visit and use your Royalty account, Red Robin will 1% of your check to a school of your choice. Log in to your Red Robin Royalty account, choose "select your school now" under their "Eat Up, Give Back" section and follow the simple steps from there!
Please send us info about other businesses that support schools to email@example.com and we will include it in next month's Signals.